Sunday, November 16, 2014

Infographic

Infographics are really effective tools to present information like diagrams, charts, and tables in a different visual way. Infographics rely on images and visual organizers to present data or other kinds of information so that the viewers can understand essential points easier. Infographics condense information using more visuals and less text. This link gives excellent examples of quality infographics that most people would be familiar with.

http://www.theblendedenglishclassroom.com/infographics/what-is-an-infographic/

I made a very simple infographic on international icons for my coursework. This infographic doesn't give the best description of what most infographics consist of, but it is something that I have done personally. Someday, I want to make multiple infographics for my history classes because I think I would really enjoy them.


Infographics are typically appealing to the eye and fun to use. In our modern world, teenagers are really interested in visual presentation, particularly through social media. Infographics can appeal to that interest that many student may have. Visual organizers like infographics made through programs like Easel.ly can be very practical for teachers to teach about information in a non-traditional way, that is very effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment